Mass Media Translation-Training workshop-Alex 102
1. Introduction to the concept of Media Translation
2. The dissimilarities between the Media Translator and the Media translator-cum-editor
3. The characteristics of the media language and semantics
4. The skills, competencies and talent needed for the Media Translator
5. Key types of Media texts and transcripts:
• Translation of News Cast & News Bulletin
• Translation of Press Releases
• Translation of Editorials
• Translation of Reviews
• Translation of Commentaries
• Translation of Press Investigations
• Translation of Press Articles
• Translation of Press Interviews
6. Common mistakes in translations of media resources
Purpose of the Workshop:
Through practical training on translation, it covers essential issues related to the Media industry and aims to train specialized translators and assist Media executives in any industry and professionals in related vocations to boost their personal skills and transform their career paths.
Who may attend:
- Professionals in the media and sales staff.
- Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to augment and develop their translation skills and specialize or pursue careers in the Media industry.
- Professionals in other sectors related to the Media and sales activities who are willing to boost and update their personal knowledge.
By the end of the Workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of translation and terminology in the media and sales industry
- Recognize the variables of the global media landscape
- Search the media terminology online
- Coin the technical terms in Arabic and prepare their glossaries.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises.
- PC and display monitor.
- Date11 September 2019
- Days1 Day(s)
- Skill levelIntermediate
- Venue3 Mahmoud Farghali Street, San Stefano, Alexandria , Egypt