Literary Specialized Translator 105
An introduction to the literary translation, terminology, styles, and expressions, besides applied translation in English and Arabic of literary texts as well as excerpts from drama, poetry, and novel.
The goal of literary Translator Certificate
An intensified 40-hour-course that focuses on literary translation, terminology, and styles, besides applications. The course content aims to prepare translators dedicated to literary texts or works of art, and highlight literary translation peculiarity, as it requires more knowledge of the source and target languages’ cultures, grammar, proficiency of language, imagination, and aesthetic creative writings.
- Introducing participants to the basics of literary translation and its requirements.
- Empowering participants to acquire the skill of searching the terminology online, pinpoint the recognized sites, and prepare their own glossaries.
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- To augment and develop their literary translation skills, and specialize or pursue a career in the field.
- Pass English and Arabic, as well as the translators’ tools tests.
Related courses and workshops
- Specialized courses and customized professional courses to help trainees excel in the field.
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- Instructor-led training course (ILT) and interactive translation exercises in Arabic and English.
- PC and display monitor
- Days10 Day(s)
- Weeks5 Week(s)
- Skill levelProfessional
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City