Legalese & Legal Techniques 101
This workshop is a part of the professional legal translation program of Elaph Training. It is an introduction to the distinctive characteristic of the legal language, including the legal techniques and the basic terminology in any legal text.
The goal of Legal workshops
The attendants will be prepared to translate a legal text in a professional manner, as required in the labor market.
- Introducing legal translation
- An overview of the various legal texts, such as contracts, judicial notes, power of attorney and UN documents
- Describing the differences between legal and general texts, especially in the English language.
- Explaining the structure of the legal styles
- Translating different legal statements and paragraphs from Arabic to English and vice versa
- The instructor will review with the attendants throughout the workshop numerous legal terms as required and common in most of the legal texts.
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- Translators, lawyers, and graduates of the faculties of languages and translation and the Faculty of Law, English Language, seeking for:
- Enhancing the required skills for legal translation
- Specializing in legal translation
- Good command of English and Arabic
Related courses and workshops
- Holistic legal translation training course to prepare professional translators
- Workshops on contracts, court cases, arbitration cases, power of attorney certificates and legal documents and the operative part of judgment
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises.
- PC and display monitor.
- Days1 Day(s)
- Skill levelBeginner
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City.