Legal Documents 101
This workshop is a part of the professional legal translation program of Elaph Training. It addresses the distinctive characteristic of the legal documents, including their legal styles and the basic terminology.
The goal of Legal workshops
The attendants will be prepared to translate the legal documents in a professional manner, as required in the labor market.
- A summary of the different types of legal documents (notices, letters, expert reports, AGM invitation, and agenda).
- A review of the legal styles and techniques used in the legal documents.
- A description of the proper structure of a letter in English.
- A professional translation of a notary notice, letter, expert report, and an AGM invitation and agenda), demonstrating the proper style of each one in Arabic and English texts.
- The instructor will review with the attendants throughout the workshop numerous legal terms as required and common in these types of the legal documents.
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- Translators, lawyers, and graduates of the faculties of languages and translation and the Faculty of Law, English Language.
- Enhancing the required skills for translating legal documents.
- Specializing in the translation of the legal documents as a milestone of the legal translation.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
Related courses and workshops
- Holistic legal translation training course to prepare professional translators.
- Workshops on legalese and legal styles, contracts, memorandum of association and Articles of association, arbitration cases, and certificate and the operative part of a judgment.
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- Instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises.
- PC and display monitor.
- Days1 Day(s)
- Skill levelBeginner
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City.