Arbitration Cases and Operative Parts of Arbitral Awards and Court Judgments workshop- cairo 102
This workshop is part of the professional legal translation program delivered by Elaph Training. It combines both the in-court and out of court disputes. Namely, the distinctive characteristics of arbitration cases and their arbitral awards as well as the court cases and the operative parts of court judgments. Legal writing styles and the special terminologies employed in these types of legal documents are also demonstrated.
Goal of the Workshop:
Empowering the attendants to translate the operative parts of arbitral awards and court judgments, in the professional manner required in the labor market.
- A review of the different court types and litigation instances.
- An overview of the sequence of the court cases and the mutual pleadings and notes of the parties.
- A translation of the operative part of judgment into English and an explanation of how to deal with the difficult structures.
- A definition of arbitration.
- An overview of the procedural sequence in the arbitration cases.
- A review of the legal styles and techniques used in the arbitration cases.
- A translation of an arbitration case and the operative part of an arbitration award.
- The instructor will review with the attendants throughout the workshop numerous legal terms as required and common as far as possible within the judicial document in question.
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- Translators, lawyers, and graduates of the faculties of languages and translation and the Faculty of Law, English Language.
- Enhancing the required skills for translating the operative part of a judgment.
- Specializing in the translation of the operative part of a judgment as a milestone of the legal translation.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
Related courses and workshops
- Holistic legal translation training course to prepare professional translators.
- Workshops on legalese and legal styles, court cases, arbitration cases, power of attorney and certificates and laws.
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- Instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises.
- PC and display monitor.
- Date15 July 2019
- Days3 Day(s)
- Skill levelIntermediate
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City.
Start Date, 15 Jul
|Lecture 1||Mon, 15 Jul||18:00||22:00|
|Lecture 2||Tue, 16 Jul||18:00||22:00|
|Lecture 3||Wed, 17 Jul||18:00||22:00|